How to launch an online takeout or delivery service
Here are the best tips to increasing online conversions in 2020.
If you are looking to:
– Generate more sales
– Increase basket values
– Gain customer loyalty
Then you will love the new actionable techniques covered in this guide.
Let’s get started.
In these tough times, business survival has been the most important focus for all business owners. Particularly the food business has been the worst affected businesses during this pandemic (Covid-19). Here we will discuss the strategies to help your business survive during this time.
Here are a few simple steps.
Set up an online
If your restaurant does not have an online ordering system, then that’s the first thing you should set up, because most of the orders are online. There are a number of ways through which you can set up such a system.
Setting up yourself
If you own a brand there are multiple ways through which you can set up a delivery system. You can integrate WooCommerce yourself and set up cart yourself. This option is more time consuming and difficult as it requires your personal efforts.
Setting up professionally
If you have a WordPress website or you’re looking for more customisation then it’s better to get your website made from a local agency rather than choosing an online ordering CMS.
Companies like us provide this service. We make stunning looking websites for our clients that are highly SEO optimised and they’re linked with eCommerce tools like Woocommerce to provide with a mechanism for sales and delivery.
If you look at those two websites you will find that the menu items are neatly displayed in an attractive way so that people are encouraged to buy from your website. It also comes with built-in cart and payment system so that buyers can easily select and order their food items.
Leverage Social Media
for your business
Many people don’t have enough time to cook food, so they are in search of local restaurants who can deliver food to them on their social media. Expand your presence on these social media and engage with your community to get order request & support from them.
Social platforms like Facebook allows businesses to use their pages/profile as a business place. You can use a number of strategies:-
- To win the trust of your consumers, project an image of high-quality hygiene services during cooking and packaging
- Show empathy towards your community and reward your loyal consumers by giving them discounts & promotional offers.
- Provide automated responses on Facebook pages
- Engage with them on posts and reply back to them
Provide frozen meals
Recent statistics show sales of frozen meals have skyrocketed during the last few weeks. Lockdown has brought a 28% increase in frozen food sales in the United Kingdom. All kinds of frozen foods are experiencing sky-high sales. Now is your time to capitalise on this opportunity and start delivering frozen meals to your consumers through your online food ordering/delivery services.
As people are preferring to order frozen meals that can be stored in their freezer. You can cut down exquisite cuisines from your menu and add frozen meals that people are more likely to buy.
Provide easy home-made
recipes to your consumers
Nowadays, social media networks are flooded with posts from people trying new dishes at home or trying to become better at cooking. Utilise these opportunities to sell your recipes to your consumers. You can provide them with recipes that are easy to make at home.
If you’re wondering how to do this, then we have a few simple solutions to this.
- You can make a video tutorial on how to make a particular dish. First, post a few videos on your social media channels to engage your consumers and observe their response, then ask your consumers to demand special recipes from you. You can then sell these recipes to those who are willing to buy.
- You can try selling recipe cards through emails to your consumers. There are plenty of people who know the worth of professional recipes and they’re willing to pay a price. You just need to reach the right consumers through email marketing. You can even offer them discounts through email marketing and compel them to download your recipe cards by paying a certain amount of money.
- You can provide ingredient packs to your customers. After making a recipe video or card, offer ingredient packs to your consumers. If someone watches your video or recipe card, then he’ll surely need the ingredients to prepare that dish. Providing them with these ingredient packs at their doorstep can be a stellar idea to boost your sales.
You can sell unused
supplies & ingredients
to your costumers
Now that your restaurant or pub is closed for serving your consumers inside, certainly, there would be unused supplies in your store. Instead of keeping them in your store, display them in your online store and deliver them to your consumers.
your hygiene practices
In these troublesome time, everyone is conscious about hygiene, therefore, reassuring your consumers about your hygiene practices is crucial. You should take pictures of your kitchen and staff wearing masks & gloves, observing social distancing, and post it on your social media platforms and website.
This will satisfy your consumers and eventually win the trust & support of your consumers.
Don’t try to make huge profits out of your business during this pandemic, rather focus on delivering low-cost food that everyone can easily afford. Yes, you can deliver special expensive dishes as well, but focus more on delivering the masses, rather than a few people. Think about the whole community.
If you’re willing to go online and set up an online food ordering system, then visit Trusted Media eCommerce Website Development Services. We’ll try our utmost to deliver the best service as possible.