Top 7 tips to advertising an online webinar
Here are the best tips to increasing online conversions in 2020.
If you are looking to:
– Generate more sales
– Increase basket values
– Gain customer loyalty
Then you will love the new actionable techniques covered in this guide.
Let’s get started.
Are you planning to host an online webinar, but wondering how to market it properly? If yes, then you have come to the right place.
Do you know that advertising your webinar correctly is central to your success in hosting an online webinar? We’ve compiled a list of top 7 tips to help you advertise an online webinar.
First thing first! Create an
optimised landing page
The very first thing is creating an optimised landing page that will work as a subscription form. Your landing page should truly speak of your services and quality in the right way. Make sure you provide everything in detail about your webinar, so that your target audience knows what to expect from you. Moreover, mention the exact date & timing of your webinar and add a registration form as well.
Do you expect your webinar to be a successful event and want the participants to be excited about your webinar? Then make a trailer.
What makes you excited about an upcoming movie? Its the trailer! Why, because it includes exciting sounds, visuals, and dialogues. Isn’t that so? Creating an exciting yet professional teaser video is part of the formula to effectively advertise your online webinar.
Your teaser video should be as exciting as you’re about your webinar.
Follow the below tips to make an excellent teaser video:
- Make sure the teaser has a specific objective for your target audience.
- First, create a template and then add your voiceover with dramatic sounds in the background.
- Your message should be clear.
- Create excitement in your audience to make them intrigued about your webinar.
- Then, add a compelling Call To Action in your trailer to get them registered for the webinar.
- Post the teaser video to your social media platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media.
Post it to Webinar
To get the right exposure, you need to advertise your webinar in the right places. One of such places is the webinar listing sites. Several webinar listing sites are available on the internet that allows you to publish your webinars free of cost.
The benefit of posting your webinar on these listing sites is to get more exposure. Most people who are interested in attending webinars related to specific industries/skills regularly visit these sites. So the chances to get some attendees from webinar listing sites are pretty high. When advertised in the right way, webinar listing sites are truly helpful.
There is no denying that social media is one of the efficient ways to reach a broader audience. Social media is one of the most used platforms by B2B marketers for content marketing. They rely on their reach and potential to target a very specific audience.
If you wish to increase the conversion of your webinar and make it a successful event, then use social media as a platform to advertise your webinar. Advertising your webinar on social media is not just limited to making a text post and announcing your webinar on your profile/page. It involves much more than that.
Follow the below steps for effective advertising of your webinar on social media.
- Use professional and engaging visuals in your posts. Rather than just posting your webinar link, you need to use very appealing visuals that can impress your audience.
- Add a clear & compelling Call To Action in your social media posts about your webinar.
- Regularly post on your social media profiles to stay at the forefront of your audience’s minds.
Marketers love investing in social media ads to advertise their webinars. The reason is simple. When they invest in social media ads, they get a better conversion rate. Around 20% of the attendees become buyers after attending the webinar. But, what’s the secret behind such a great conversion rate? It is because social media advertising is a targeted advertising service. Using social media’s advanced targeted advertising, you can advertise your webinar to the right audience. The chances of converting your attendees to your buyers eventually increase.
Few things that come into effective social media advertising of your webinar are as follows:
- Keep in mind that a webinar is a one-time event and you need a different approach while setting up social media ads for your webinar. So, get into the webinar specific promotion mindset.
- An effective landing page is where you have the best chances to impress your target audience. Try adding scarcity & exclusivity to your webinar landing page.
- Choose a basic ad design yet keep it professional.
- Utilise unique images for each social media network.
- Don’t forget A/B testing. Test a few different ads and pick the top-performing one for the full-fledged ad campaign.
Email marketing is still relevant and to be honest, it has become even more relevant today. You can use email marketing to spread the news about your webinar and let your subscribers know about it. You should have a succession of emails for making your subscribers excited about your webinar.
Try designing your emails as professionally & effective as possible.
Take the following steps to ensure the successful email marketing of your webinar.
- Your email headline should be catchy and informational. Mention your webinar in the title to entice the audience.
- Create a sense of urgency in your email and use email personalisation techniques.
- Schedule emails to remind them about your webinar.
- Add clear & compelling Call To Actions.
The last tip you need to work on is using irresistible Call To Actions on your website. Compelling CTAs are critical to improving conversions. CTAs should be present on your website, but don’t force them throughout your website. Every CTA should be wisely placed with a context behind it.
Consider the following tips to place high converting CTAs.
- A CTA should be followed by a solution to your consumer’s problem.
- Reassuring your ideal consumer is very important before & after a CTA.
- Don’t misalign CTAs.
We hope you find these tips helpful in effectively advertising your online webinar.